Sunday, March 30, 2008

Testing...

Today we thought we'd try something new to keep in touch with everybody-so here goes my first attempt at a blog. Today we made it to church 5 minutes before it started which, is actually quite good for us. Tyler hasn't had early meetings for two weeks in a row so we've enjoyed having him ride with us-what a treat. We almost got Hannah to sit on the bench for the entire meeting and Emily slept the whole time- I didn't even have to go out once YEAH!

On the home front, we have 5 new baby chicks-Marshal traded his cornish roasters for a rhode Island red and a dominique-red and black respectively. Porter bought 3 black giants with his own money. We like them even though you can't believe how stinky they can get in a day-
This weekend Tyler the Boys and the Missionaries finished hauling the old Bath Barn wood to our house. This was a huge project but we now have enough wood to build a barn and about anything else we would like. We also negotiated a great price on the land next to us where we want to build our barn, have a nice garden, a few animals and some outdoor entertainment ie-basketball court, playground or the like. Check out http://valuesfarming.blogspot.com/ to see our barn plans. Here is a peek at the tear-down haul away project that consumed the month of March.






4 comments:

Nana said...

Wonderful!!! I want you to know I will be a regular reader..I learned lots even though I see you guys weekly. Chickens, hens, roosters....keep clucking... Love, Sister Carpenter (Some people call me "Donna")XXXOOO

Nana said...

I mean roasters (sp)

Amanda said...

Katie! How fun to see your blog! Sounds like you guys have some fun projects going on! Terry wants chickens soo bad...I'll have to learn from your blog all about it! Good to see you guys. I can't remember if I put ours on our Christmas card to you...www.lythgoe-family.blogspot.com

jensey said...

Kate-prop's for joining the "blog world"! I have yet to do it officially b/c i'm not convinced a site dedicated to only me is quite my style-maybe if I included my cute nieces and nephew's I could pull it off:)