Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Promised Land







Has it really been so long since I last posted? Time flies from Winter to Summer. So much has happened, but i will spare you all the details. Last week we were in the "Promised Land" pageant in Bath. It was such a great experience for us and the kids. Tyler portrayed a revolutionary war soldier, a pioneer, and Christ. I portrayed a colonial, pioneer, and lamanite woman. The kids were pioneer, colonial or lamanite/nephite children. The practices were long and hot but we all had some amazing spiritual experiences. Like the portrayal of the blind girl being healed by Christ(who was Tyler). Wow, what a tear jerker. Other scences that were especially meaningful were the martrydom of Joseph and Hyrum, and the revolutionary war scene and song. We met new friends, laughed, played and did service together. All the heat was but a small price to pay.
During the same week I had an opportunity to write an article for Eastern Carolina Parents magazine. It was entitled "Home School vs. Public School: How parents can know which choice is right for their family." It will be published for the July issue of the magazine and I will post it as soon as I have a link. I am so excited! I also wrote another piece about Somerset plantation and my teacher loved it. She is currently critiquing my list of magazine markets and I will send it out in about 3 or 4 weeks.
We are all loving summer and can't wait to go to the beach tomorrow. I will post more pictures from that trip,hopefully before next winter:)

2 comments:

ANG said...

So happy to see your pictures! Sounds like a great experience. Miss you!

Nana said...

Katie you really "shined" on the stage. Especially the colonial scene when you realized your husband was not returning from the battlefield and grand finale song "Spirit of God." You really had a stage presence that I didn't know about. Hummm.... a hidden talent. Your writing abilities amaze me too.....I think you have that "right brained" thing going on. Love ya! donna