Summer is just hot here in NC. July has seemed a little cooler than June, but it is still humid, and hot. We seem to be spending a lot of time in a swimming pool, in our tomato patch, or in the house. Summer evenings are nice, and I am ever grateful for all of our mature trees. They keep our yard about 15 degrees cooler than other places.
The new baby chickens arrived about 2 weeks ago, and the kids are loving them. they moved outside today and I am so glad! There is nothing like having your kitchen smell like a hen house. Last night we went blueberry picking, and went to the branch swim party. The boys did their first jump from the bridge, and unfortunately we didn't have a camera. The Baldwins park their boat at the bridge, give the all clear sign to jump and then the kids jump swim over to their boat. It was certainly a highlight of the party. The girls spent the time in the pool, instead of on the river.
I've included some pictures of all the things we've been up to- Swim team, Princess Hannah, The Promised Land Pageant, our cool tomatoes, and hand feeding the chickens.

3 comments:
Love it all!
we definitely feel your pain here in Georgia. Aaron is so jealous of your farm house. Land and privacy is his dream!
Tyler, Katie, Marshall, Porter, Hannah, and Emily,
Thanks for sharing your life with us. I got homesick for my own family when looking at the pictures and reading the blog. I remember my own days of sunshine, dirty knees, and bare feet.
Linda and I miss our "family" that is the Washington Branch. We will get back to visit soem day, but our life is full with just one full time granddaughter.
Glenn
Post a Comment