Monday, May 19, 2008

Summer is on the way






I am so excited for Summer. All my kids running at my feet, reading and swimming and singing laughing, fighting , playing-- Going home to visit our family in Utah-Yeah! We are excited for a great summer this year.




Just a bit of news....




Last week Marshal was awarded top AR reader in his class. He was thrilled and is so excited to go miniature golfing with all the other top readers in the school. I think he re-told the story 10 times and I was happy to see him so happy. Apparently he has been working towards it all year but I had no idea about it. Way to go Marshal!




Porter Graduates from Pre-School this week-with graduation gowns and the whole bit. A little over the top for me, but he is excited and it is fun to see him looking forward to it. We will post pictures and maybe video-they have been working on songs for the last two months. We are proud of you Porter!




Hannah and Emily won't know what to do when everybody is home-but I'm sure they will love it. And Everybody will get to know each other better, I love that part.




I have been working like mad trying to get my house organized. I'm almost done. For those of you natural organizers out there, I wish you were here to help me. I really have to work at this stuff . But I am proud to say that after years of trying I am almost ready to claim victory on my time. I hope when it is all said and done I will only have to spend 10 minutes a day on pick up. Of course that doesn't include laundry and cooking but I think my time will open up. I will have time to-spend more one on one time with my kids, do more service with my kids, enter an essay contest I have been eyeing, read the library books I get before returning them, and start exercising. The list could go on, but I think that is a fair start.




Cheers to the happy days of Summer and a clean, organized house.




No comments: