I love when my kids get out the pots and pans, the dry beans, a spoon and some little cups. They start spooning and dumping and filling-its such good fun. The kitchen floor gets littered with all of it and its a pain to clean up but I love it.
This morning my kitchen floor was a sea of Kidney Beans and baby food jars and little hands and feet. I started thinking about all the things that I love and it felt good just to roll them around in my mind.
I love it when Tyler comes home from work. I love the warmth of his embrace and the stir of his kiss.
I love the excitement that fills the room when Daddy's home.
I love to read something thought provoking- about life, religion, politics,the world etc.
I love bare feet in the grass
I love strawberry picking in the spring and the red faces and hands that come with it
I love the taste of ice-cold limeade(not to much sugar please) on a hot summer day.
I love to hear my house ring with my kids laughter.
I love to sit outside all by myself and listen to the wind rustle through the trees. I love the way it feels on my face and arms and feet.
I love waking up early and opening the blinds to let in the morning sunshine
I love when people ask me questions about what I believe
I love the moments when my children tell me what they are really thinking about. Its especially nice if we are sitting outside on the trampoline, but usually its at night after scriptures and prayers when all is still.
I love to move. Any mode or pace will do: walk, swim, do chores, go biking, singing and dancing around the house(most fun when the kids join in), or jumping on the trampoline. Moving is pure bliss
I love to sleep in a well made bed: cotton sheets, two pillows and a little bit of chill in the air
I guess this brings me back to the beans. I swept them up and put them in a bag. My red sea is gone, the pans are away. I think next time I'll try black turtle beans with a few lentils or split peas in the mix. Maybe the kids will create an ocean next time.

5 comments:
Wow Katie that was a deep post! I loved it though! How do you look so good after just having a baby, I wish I had the same "skinny genes" you have!!! Looks like you guys had fun picking strawberries.
Your post made me smile - I love it!
and I love you. I am so grateful that I have a close friend who sees and feels the important things in life.
What a refreshing post. It made me think of all my favorite things. It was fun seeing your family and house today. I am looking forward to getting together again this week.
Hi Katie...I am so glad we found each other...I am having fun catching up w/ you and your wonderful family...hope you are all well!!! Love, Lyla
Post a Comment