Summer has kept us busy. Since I blogged last here is what has been going on:
Emily had another surgery and it went really well. The doctor said that her eye sizes are evening out and she doesn't think she will have to do another surgery for quite a while. Yeah! We'll still have to make our every other month visits to Duke. You know I finally have the directions memorized now and it doesn't seem like such a long drive anymore.
Hannah's vocabulary has exploded! She talks so much these days and has started singing to boot. I love to hear her sing "I am a Child of God" and "You are my sunshine". At bedtime she always says "Mommy sing me a song please" which is fun for me. She has also decided that she doesn't need naps anymore which i am not to pleased about:( but I guess they have to grow up sometime.
Porter's new favorite thing to say when I ask him to do something he doesn't really want to do is "Mom its my life". I thought that wouldn't come until he was 13. It really is kind of funny, but I have to hold a straight face, which I achieve about 90 percent of the time. On a different note, He and Tyler started turning an old lawnmower into a go-cart last saturday and that seems to be his new passion. He loves to put things together and he love to help Emily.
Marshal is of course enjoying some time away from school. We are reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows together. We have a new family in our branch and he has made good friends with Brennan a boy his age. They are enjoying spending time together which is very nice for Marsh. He also started scouts last month which he seems to enjoy so far.
On the Family front- we had such a great 4th of july weekend. Tyler had work off and we spent the day together at home in the morning, went to a birthday party, to see fireworks and watched Jurrasic Park that night. Then on Saturday we headed to GooseCreek for a picnic and to play in the water with our friends the Cutrels. The weather was warm but not humid and the water was perfect. I think the high light for me was seeing how excited Tyler got at catching little fish called manhadens with his new casting net.
I have applied for some childrens literature/writing classes and am excited to finally be taking some steps toward writing childrens books which I have wanted to do for ages. I have so many ideas churning in my head and I feel excited to move forward with them.
Hope you all had a nice weekend too!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I didn't know you wanted to write a children's book! That's pretty cool. I used to always want to be a children's book illustrator or a disney cartoonist when I was growing up. For now I will take being a mom! ;o)
Post a Comment